About The Fund
ACI Trampoline Fund
The application window closed on 15 July 2020.
The ACI Trampoline Fund supports non-profit programmes and initiatives that address the longer-term needs of vulnerable people in Singapore, beyond the current Covid-19 crisis period.
The name of this fund was inspired by Senior Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam and we want to provide a trampoline for people to bounce back.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a tremendous impact on lives and livelihoods.
- It is imperative that we look ahead to support vulnerable and the disadvantaged in society beyond the crisis.
- The ACI Trampoline Fund is structured to support initiatives that creates sustainable and lasting change in society to allow the disadvantaged *bounce back and emerge stronger* out of this crisis.
ACI Live Aid
Financial Markets Give Back 2020
Keep Doing Good in Unprecedented Times
We are living in unprecedented times. It started with a coronavirus and it has led to widespread economic and social suffering. Indeed, the COVID-19 outbreak has changed the way we go about our daily lives and how we work.
For the past 26 years, ACI Singapore has hosted the annual ACI Singapore Charity Golf and Gala Dinner and raised a total of $12million from the financial markets community. The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted daily lives and brought about economic and social ramifications. Be part of history by participating in ACIS’ first ever online/offline fundraiser: ACI Live Aid — Financial Markets Give Back.
Post Event Video Highlights from Main Event on 29 May 2020
Message from Mr Andrew Ng, President of ACI Singapore
Watch this video message where Mr Andrew Ng reflects on how COVID-19 has affected all segments of the population of Singapore, and how it has been particularly detrimental to vulnerable members of our society.
Message from Mr Leng Hoe Lon, Chairman of ACI Live Aid
Watch this video message where Mr Leng Hoe Lon reflects on the tumultuous start to the new decade, and more importantly, one that unites and inspires each and every one of us to come together in solidarity to support those who have been affected by this pandemic.
Message from Women in ACI Singapore Executive Committee
Hear from Ms Eileen Chia, Ms Michele Wee, Ms Sabrina Tan, Ms Sneha Sanghvi and Ms Vernice Moh as they share their reflections on the importance of diversity and inclusion in our Financial Markets community.
Financial Markets Sings “Together”
ACI Singapore is proud to present its rendition of Ken Lim’s “Together” during its inaugural online/oﬄine virtual fundraising event held on 29 May 2020.
ACI Live Aid – Full Livestream on 29 May 2020
We are honoured to have Mr Ravi Menon, the Managing Director of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), as the Guest-of-honour for a live ﬁreside chat with Ms Haslinda Amin and entertainment for the evening was by W!ld Rice. For the transcript of the ﬁreside chat, please go to this link: https://www.mas.gov.sg/news/speeches/2020/singapores-ﬁnancial-sector-agile-and-resilient-amid-covid-19
Mr Ravi Menon, Managing Director, Monetary Authority of Singapore
Ms Haslinda Amin
Performance by W!ld Rice
Source: ACI Live Aid “Together” Virtual Music Video © Government of the Republic of Singapore.
Permission required for reproduction
Music & Lyrics: Ken Lim
Special thanks to MCCY & Hype Records
for the permission to use this song.
Music Produced, Arranged and Mixed by
George Leong at
Pink Noise Studios
Guitars: Daniel Chai
Bass & Flute: Colin Yong
Strings: Han Oh & Boutique Chamber Strings
Backing Vocals: Aaron Matthew Lim
Additional Vocals: Boo Hui Shan & Stephanie Zeng
Video Production & Coordination by
William Loh, Hosni Altway & Wee Yi Ling at
Createurs Productions Pte Ltd
“The greatest threat to our planet is the
belief that someone else will save it”
This is a famous quote by Robert Swan regarding the environment. The imminent situation is the same for those who have been hit by COVID-19 directly, and indirectly. Started with a coronavirus, it has led to economic, financial and social suffering.
We take no chances in assuming that there is enough help. We are all out to galvanise the financial markets community and help the needy to the creation of the ACI Trampoline Fund.
Fireside Chat with Mr Ravi Menon
We are honoured to have Mr Ravi Menon, the Managing Director of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS),
join us for a live fireside chat with Haslinda Amin, airing live at night.
“The ACI Live Aid-Financial Markets Give Back campaign is an innovative and meaningful virtual fundraising charity effort by the financial sector to help vulnerable groups in Singapore. It is especially in challenging times like now that the financial sector should continue to champion fundraising effort to give back to society, and your contributions will go a long way for fellow Singaporeans who have difficulties with their livelihood.”
Who are we raising funds for
In partnership with The Majurity Trust
The ACI Trampoline Fund complements and strengthens existing funding support to non-profits who are stepping up to address longer-term needs in Singapore that will emerge post-COVID.
We have partnered The Majurity Trust (TMT), an IPC philanthropic organisation to assist ACI Singapore in administering the ACI Trampoline Fund.
In the past few months, TMT’s Singapore Strong Fund (SG Strong Fund) has supported more than 100 charities amid the COVID-19 crisis.
ACI LIVE AID
Financial Markets Give Back
Ms Chan Shin Lie
Mr Christian Dery
Mr Daniel Koh
Ms Eileen Chia
Mr Eric Cheong
Mr Gavin Powell
Mr Gerard Lee
Mr Goh Meng Kiat
Mr Jacky Tai
Mr Kenneth Kan
Mr Lee Yu Feng
Mr Lian Whye Meng
Mr Lye Shiang Hue
Mr Marc Bonnici
Mr Mark Wong
Mr Peter Soh
Mr Samuel Koh
Mr Saurabh Tandon
Mr Scott Luedeke
Mr Sumit Grover
Ms Wee Wei Min
Mr Andrew Ng
Mr David Lau
Mr Kenneth Lai
Mr Lam Kun Kin
Mr Mervyn Fong
Nittan Capital Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Singapore Exchange Limited
Mr Marc Bonnici
And other cash donors who have requested to remain anonymous
Event Operations Partner
Goodie Bag Sponsor
SPARK SYSTEMS PTE LTD
Mr Edwin Lau
DIRECTIONS GROUP INC
With your support
ACI Trampoline Fund
In terms of fundraising, we are hoping to reach out to the wider group of financial markets community. Last year we had 32 financial institutions and hundreds of individuals. Given the virtual event, we hope to scale to new heights in participation.
The campaign will be running from 15th May to 30th June 2020, with the main event on the 29th May 2020. We are not ruling out any additional events and initiatives to garner more donations.
We are reaching out to the previous individual significant cash donors and corporates that will have the budget to support. About half of last year’s net funds raised of S$700,000 was from a small number of donors. Besides that, we are also going to be reaching out to banks and other financial markets organisations, practitioners that may support a team of 10 and also those that want to join the event with their spouse.
Come Together in Solidarity.
In this challenging time, every dollar counts. Your donation will go a long way to help the beneficiaries
especially in this COVID-19 situation.
Or choose one of the following donation methods below:
Donate via PayLah/PayNow
- Launch your bank’s app and scan the QR Code above.
- Please indicate in the Reference ID/Description ‘ACI Trampoline Fund’.
- Please make your cheque payable to:“The Majurity Trust Limited – Grant”
- At the back of your cheque, please indicate: “ACI Trampoline Fund” and your full name
- Fill in the form below and our team will collect the cheque from you directly.
For ALL donations, please fill in this form for tax deduction.
If you do not receive an acknowledgement after your donation within 2 days, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Majurity Trust (UEN: 201734370C) is a philanthropic organisation, recognised as an Institution of a Public Character (IPC). All donations will be eligible for a 2.5 times tax deduction.
ACI Trampoline Fund FAQ
- Who is eligible for the ACI Trampoline Fund?
A Not-for-Profit entity registered as:
- A Society under the Registry of Societies (ROS); or
- A Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG) under the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA); or
- A Charitable Trust; or
- Co-Operative registered with the Registry of Co-operative Societies
- How will the ACI Trampoline Funds be administered?
- Applicants are required to complete the ACI Trampoline Fund Application Form to provide information on the project objectives, milestones and implementation plan.
- The ACI Trampoline Fund panel consisting of representatives from ACI Singapore and The Majurity Trust will evaluate the proposals taking into consideration the alignment to the Fund’s objectives, clarity of the programme objectives and its implementation feasibility.
- If the application is approved, applicants may receive grant funding of 80% of project costs, up to a cap of $50,000.
- When is the fund application period?
The application period is 15 June – 15 July 2020.
- Where can I find the ACI Trampoline Fund Application Form?
Please submit a grant enquiry via this webpage and we will follow up with you on the application details.
- When will the application outcome be known?
Applicants will be informed of the outcome in August 2020.
- What are the types of projects that will be supported?
The Fund supports projects and initiatives that address longer-term needs of vulnerable groups in Singapore, beyond the current crisis.
- What are the conditions of the grant?
- The programme should commence within 3 months from the approval date.
- Organisations are required to submit a brief progress report 6 months from the approval date, and an impact report upon completion of the project.
- What expenses can be supported under the Fund?
- The grant can be used for programme related costs such as internal manpower, venue, transport, material and logistics costs.
- The grant should not be given out as cash or vouchers to beneficiaries.
- How much funding is provided?
Successful applicants can receive grant funding of 80% of project costs, up to a cap of $50,000.
- How will the funding be disbursed?
The grant will be disbursed in 2 tranches based on the project milestones.
- What is the role of The Majurity Trust?
TMT is the fund administrator for the ACI Trampoline Fund. We are assisting ACI Singapore to set up and manage the grant disbursement process. To be clear, TMT will not be receiving any of the funds raised in the ACI Trampoline Fund.
- Will my donations to the ACI Trampoline Fund qualify for Tax Deduction?
Yes. As TMT is an IPC organisation, your donations will qualify for 2.5 times tax deduction.
- What happens to funds that are not disbursed?
Unutilised funds will be donated to a non-profit organisation decided by the grant panel at the end of the fund cycle.